5 Steps to Speed up Legacy PBX to Skype for Business Migration
Does the thought of your upcoming PBX migration projects keep you up at night?
Planning and implementing a telephony migration project can be intimidating. This is probably why so many of your clients have legacy PBXs that are end-of-life or end-of-support. It’s even more daunting when moving from one vendor to another, e.g. from Cisco or Avaya to Skype for Business. The amount of manual effort and complexity in migrating to another telephony platform is immense.
While migrating from Legacy PBX to Skype for Business Enterprise Voice is rarely a simple process, Univonix Migrate provides a unique migration solution which automates many of the manual tasks, and reduces deployment time and complexity. It enables System Integrators to deploy Skype for Business quickly – without disruption to users.
In fact, Univonix has a track record of slashing the migration cost per user by approx. 50%, delivering 10x faster migration with increased data accuracy.
Univonix Migrate’s process automation and intuitive UIs also free up valuable internal Solution Architect and Voice Engineering resource, so they can spend their time on more strategic client projects.
Speed Up your Legacy PBX to Skype for Business migration projects in 5 Easy Steps:
- Configuration Extraction – Gather the existing configuration from the PBX and extract user information from Active Directory (AD).
- PBX Assessment – This is where the magic happens! Univonix Migrate analyzes hundreds of data points and analyzes current PBX configuration. This includes converting the full telephony feature set from legacy PBX systems provided by Cisco and Avaya, to Skype for Business. Within 48 hours, an automated report is generated, providing System Integrators and clients with the following insight:
Users: including name, phone number and email (if it exists in PBX) Devices: IP Phones, Conference Phones, Video Phones, Soft Phones, Analog Phones, Analog Gateways User Telephony Features: Call Forwarding, Multi Lines, Shared Lines, Speed Dials, Boss/Secretary System Telephony Features: Hunt groups, Pickup groups, Voice Mail, IVR
- Data Enrichment – Univonix Migrate’s online portal helps uncover missing data, and resolves potential conflicts before migration begins. This includes E.164 normalization, license assignments and policy selection.It has traditionally been the responsibility of IT departments to compile this list of user features, user legacy workflows and dependencies. In some cases, the System Integrators analyze this information from the PBX management console. Both options, however, take a lot of time and can result in many manual errors.
- Verification & Approval – An operator from Univonix Migrate verifies settings & configuration with the client. Univonix Migrate supports a phased migration approach, where any subset of departments/users can be selected for migration.
- Load Configuration – Accurately load thousands of users, with all of their telephony settings, to Skype for Business – in a matter of hours
No matter how tight your migration timeline is, Univonix Migrate enables you to complete your Legacy PBX to Skype for Business migration project on-time, below-budget and with fewer resources than you thought possible… so no more sleepless nights!
Want to learn more?
Watch the video to see how to speed up your telephony migration